Friday, May 9, 2014

To wrap up my project, I actually met the students I have been writing to! They were all so sweet, and since many of them had been losing baby teeth, I read them Arthur Looses A Tooth. After I read, they got to ask me questions, which got pretty interesting. The teacher had to remind them to ask appropriate questions (I don't need 30 eight year old kids to know where I live). They all acted like I was some kind of rockstar when they found out that I drive myself to school everyday. I got some pretty great stories about what they would do when they are old enough to drive (McDonald's anyone?). I got to tell them about my high school experience and why I chose the college I am going to in the fall (Go Blue!). I hope that I made a positive impact and that this learning activity was a fun experience for them!

1 comment:

  1. I really just can't handle how adorable this project is...

    ReplyDelete